ABQ Pickleball Club periodically sends out email communications to keep our pickleball community informed of upcoming events and other pertinent information. Check here to see what emails have gone out!
1. There were 127 participants at the NM Games June 8-10. Congrats to all the players for a very competitive tournament with many long matches. Also, we wish to thank the many club members who worked at organization, registration, communications, desk and announcements, reffing, lunch order and raffle table, brought food and helped so much in running the tournament. It couldn’t have been done without them. Also, thanks to Tonnie Doose and Dennis Gallant for donating their split raffle to the club – Gary
The results are posted at pickleballtournaments under past tournaments: pickleballtournaments.com; look for Past Tournaments; scroll down to NM Games and check ‘Results’.
NM Games Pickleball was included on KOB news Sunday. The link is: https://www.kob.com/sports/pickleball-featured-at-nm-games-this-weekend/4944275/?cat=502
2. ABQ Pickleball Club Labor Day Classic is now open for registration on pickleballtournaments.com. This is a skill level tournament over the labor day weekend (September 1: doubles, September 2: mixed doubles, September 3: singles). All proceeds go to the ABQ Pickleball Club for nets, balls, training, etc. If you can play, register early to encourage others in and out of state.
• NM Games Start Times: Friday June 8th thru Sunday June 10th
Please go to pickleballtournaments.com-nm games-show player list, which will show you the events you have been registered in. Also, please call your partner and let them know the times. Below are the check-in and start times.
Friday: Check-in begins at 8:30, matches at 9:00 for all singles except men’s 2.5/3.0. Men’s 2.5/3.0 has a check-in starting at 9:00 for a start time of 9:30.
Saturday: Check-in begins at 7:30 for all women’s and men’s doubles except men doubles 3.0/3.5. Play begins at 8:00. For men’s 2.5/3.5 check in is at 9:00 for play beginning by approximately 9:30.
Sunday: Check-in begins at 7:30, matches at 8:00 for all mixed doubles groups.
Bring sunscreen and hydration. If you can bring food to share, it would be greatly appreciated by the players, volunteers, and other spectators. We will collect money at the opening for a split-the-pot raffle and for those wishing to order from Dion’s at a discounted menu (food to be brought at 11:30).
• There are still openings for Scott Moore’s clinics on Monday. Additionally, he has opened a clinic from 4-6 on June 10th, the last day of the tournament. Be sure to read Joyce’s review at Abqpickleball.com. Further Information is on the attached flyer.
1. Registration for NM Games will close on June 1. You can register electronically at pickleballtournaments.com or download mail in registration forms at abqpickleball.com. Singles start at 11 am on June 8, doubles at 8 am on June 9th, and mixed doubles at 8 am on June 10th. There are no age restrictions, and the tournament is based on skill levels. If you need a partner, check on pickleballtournaments.com and abqpickleball.com for players looking for partners.
2. There are still openings for the modified dink tournament this Thursday at 9 am at the Manzano Mesa Outdoor Courts (check-in at 8:45 am). All four players start at the no-volley zone line as though a perfect 3rd shot was made. The first 3 shots must be in the no-volley zone: subsequent shots can be anywhere on the court. This is great practice for the coming tournaments. The play will be in ladder format, sign up with a partner, or we can try and find you a partner.
3. The singles league has approximately 30 players. Registration will close on May 20th. Email Gary Rutherford (email@example.com) if you wish to play. You will be scheduling your matches at a time that works for both players. This is also great practice for the coming tournaments.
This is an appeal for volunteers to collect attendance at the NM Games basketball satellite venues over the Memorial Day weekend on behalf of NM Senior Sports Foundation, our umbrella organization through which we gain our tax-exempt status for donations, etc.
Sign up now for one or more 4-5 hour shifts at Valley High, Sandia High, Del Norte High, Hope Christian School or as a reserve.
Thank you very much for helping out!