Good news from hard-working ABQ Pickleball Club committees:
Two of the committees formed by the ABQ Pickleball Club Board have been focussed on play at Los Altos. Due to the short remaining time that Los Altos will be active, much of their work and organization has to be done earlier than the other committees to have recommendations at the next board meeting.
The results are as follows:
1. The committee on expanding pickleball through open houses at Los Altos has gotten the concurrance of the city to reserve the Los Altos courts for pickleball on the mornings of September 13th and 14th. More information will follow, but the intent is to continue our weekend play, but have courts and trainers available for new folk. Encourage your non-pickleball friends to come. Please contact Gary Rutherford, firstname.lastname@example.org, with suggestions or comments.
2. Committee for including less experienced players at Los Altos: For those who would like to play outdoors at Los Altos on Saturday and Sunday mornings, we will set up 1-2 nets specifically for those level of players. We will have at least one person to assist with play and answer questions about rules or play in general.
This will take place on Sat. July 26th, Sun. July 27th, Sat. Aug. 2nd, and Sun. Aug 3rd.
The following steps will be taken:
1. Set up one or two nets and mark them so all will see they are for 2.0 -3.0 level players.
2. Put up a temporary white board Saturday morning from 8:00 am – 11:00 am. List the coordinators available who have volunteered to help newcomers and those just getting started feel comfortable playing at Los Altos. (1/2 hr time blocks)
3. Those interested in lessons on fundamentals can sign up for the following week (name, telephone number, and email) and will be contacted. Those interested in regular lessons at other times can contact Ray and Renee Padilla or check the ABQpickleball.com website.
4. Please provide feedback to Larry Lite via this form: